01. Installing the Business Entity Designer — To install the Business Entity Designer extract the contents of the provided ZIP file to a local folder. This directory will be referred to as the installation folder of the Business Entity Designer. It is your decision if this folder will be part of your own code base or will be kept external.
03. Business Entity Designer options — The options for the Business Entity Designer are stored in an XML file in the working directory of the Business Entity Designer. This file is called .BusinessEntityDesignerSettings.xml and it is expected to share this file with your colleagues using your source code management utility. This ensures that all team mates are using consistent settings.
04. Customizing the templates used by the code generator — The code generator uses text templates as the foundation for the generated source code. The original templates for the Business Entity code generator can be found in the folder Consultingwerk\BusinessEntityDesigner\Generator\Templates.
05. Using the Business Entity Designer — The user interface of the Business Entity Designer is leveraging dockable panes to organize the various property sheets. The dockable panes can be arranged to suite a user’s preferences or individual requirements.
06. Managing files — When you start the Business Entity Designer the tool is by default editing a new Business Entity design (see below for details).