|OpenEdge Release||Version Information|
|11.x||Release 11.3 #39811@2016-12-12|
Note.: From this release on, we are reducing the frequency of the OpenEdge 10.2B based releases. OpenEdge 10.2B based released will be provided on request.
Following the release of the OpenEdge 11.6.1 Service Pack we have completed our testing of the SmartComponent Library on this release of Progress and are proud to announce formal support for the SmartComponent Library on OpenEdge 11.6.1 with the 2016-04-01 release of the SmartComponent Library. Generally we recommend customers on OpenEdge 11 to upgrade to OpenEdge 11.6.1 quickly.
Starting the 2015-10-09 release the Business Entity Designer will feature a start page with links to most recent release note articles on this site.
With SCL-751 we have adopted native Enums for OpenEdge 11.6. To activate this feature customers must add a definition to products.i. SCL-751 provides details for this.
With SCL-1113 we have modified the templates for SmartWindowForms and SmartTabFolderPages generated from the Business Entity Designer. We have removed the initialization of the viewer controls SmartTableIOState property (value was set to "NoDataSource" within the InitializeComponent method). Customers using their own set of templates should adopt the same fix to their templates.
New Versions of Proparse .NET Assemblies
We have updated proparse with further enhancements in this release (support for ACTIVE-FORM and DBTYPE preprocessors. Please download the .NET Assemblies ZIP file from our ESD and replace the proparse.net.dll in your environment with the latest one. The new assembly reference is:
<assembly name="proparse.net, Version=22.214.171.1242, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cda1b098b1034b24"/>
As proparse is used by our Business Entity Generator, this new version of the proparse.net Assembly is also relevant for customers not doing GUI for .NET development and require support for parsing new ABL language constructs.
UTF-8 based deploymens available
Starting August 14th 2016 we ship our source code also as UTF-8 encoded. The ZIP files ending with _utf8.zip contain the source code encoded with that code page. The source code in the remaining archives is still encoded in ISO8859-1. Also on Github there is a new branch containing the OpenEdge 11 based source code in UTF-8.
Related article (Progress K-Base): How to get Progress Developer Studio to save in UTF-8 encoding
New Feature Documentation
- [SCL-1593] - Fix BufferHelper:FindDatabaseBuffer for non primary unique index
- [SCL-1599] - SmartBusinessEntityAdapter:SubmitChangesToBackend needs to reposition the ProDataset buffers after MERGE-CHANGES
- [SCL-1601] - Business Services Web Handler compile issue on LINUX
- [SCL-1602] - Business Services Web Handler needs to SET-SIZE = 0 the MEMPTR used to import the image from disk
- [SCL-1603] - Loading the same services.xml multiple times causing runtime error in SessionInfoForm
- [SCL-1615] - Unable to load OpenSSL library (12144) error when storing context dataset
- [SCL-1616] - Investigate memory consumption of SmartViewerWebHandler
- [SCL-1618] - Issue with Regenerating Dataset Model classes
- [SCL-1638] - Issue with compiling Smart Component Framework on 11.6 if not using SP3
- [SCL-294] - Maintenance of Object Master
- [SCL-1011] - Integrate Repository Tables (Business Entities) into deployment
- [SCL-1270] - Create API to retrieve Repository Data for UI rendering
- [SCL-1556] - Maintain modified state for Repository Objects
- [SCL-1595] - Rendering of html Viewer Templates for Angular 2
- [SCL-1597] - Implement additional startup parameter that allows to start AppServer completely without loading any standard services.xml file
- [SCL-1598] - Implement a Stopwatch class
- [SCL-1614] - Implement Field Level Security for the Dynamic Web2 Viewer
- [SCL-1619] - Rendering of Web Viewers from the Repository
- [SCL-1623] - Add rendering of Buttons to Viewer Conrtols
- [SCL-1629] - Implement ability to retrieve a Catalog for a whole package (and sub-packages)
- [SCL-1633] - Catalog request should allow requesting the Count method as count or invoke
- [SCL-1634] - Business Entity Designer: When draggin tables to the canvas, avoid search code index conflicts
- [SCL-1339] - Implement generation of further Validations from Business Entity Designer
- [SCL-1594] - Update Consultingwerk JSDO to 4.3.1
- [SCL-1596] - Business Entity Designer / Generator should support @USERID@ placeholder in macros
- [SCL-1605] - Simplify creation of BusinessTaskCatalogData for methods with no ProDataset parameters
- [SCL-1606] - Template AppServer startup procedures should invoke method EvaluateRequestAuthorizationProvider () of the ServiceInterface
- [SCL-1607] - Include message number in JSON Error Message response of SmartWebHandler
- [SCL-1608] - Include all error object properties in the Json runtime Error output
- [SCL-1610] - Add errortable, errorfield and errormessage to Consultingwerk.Exceptions.DatasetException
- [SCL-1612] - Extra message text parameter for Consultingwerk.Util.BufferHelper:ShowMessage
- [SCL-1613] - Add option to BufferHelper:ShowBuffer to not throw an error on invalid widget handle.
- [SCL-1617] - Web2 viewer: Improve Performance when requesting custom field settings from repository
- [SCL-1620] - Auto Mapping Business Services Names (Consultingwerk.OERA.ServiceNameMappingService) needs to handle invalid directories more gently
- [SCL-1621] - Initial SmartUser and Login Company require login ID and multi-tenant-domain
- [SCL-1624] - Add support for leave (blur) and valueChanged event handlers to viewer rendereing
- [SCL-1631] - Add SmartProduct Table to ModuleDataAccess query
- [SCL-1632] - Menu Function Maintenance should remain in update state after dragging a .cls file to the form