|OpenEdge Release||Version Information|
|10.2B||Release 10.2B #36442@2016-01-30|
|11.x||Release 11.3 #36442@2016-01-30|
Following the release of OpenEdge 11.6 we have completed our testing of the SmartComponent Library on this release of Progress and are proud to announce formal support for the SmartComponent Library on OpenEdge 11.6 with the 2015-10-23 release of the SmartComponent Library. Generally we recommend customers on OpenEdge 11 to upgrade to OpenEdge 11.6 quickly.
Starting the 2015-10-09 release the Business Entity Designer will feature a start page with links to most recent release note articles on this site.
With SCL-751 we have adopted native Enums for OpenEdge 11.6. To activate this feature customers must add a definition to products.i. SCL-751 provides details for this.
With SCL-1113 we have modified the templates for SmartWindowForms and SmartTabFolderPages generated from the Business Entity Designer. We have removed the initialization of the viewer controls SmartTableIOState property (value was set to "NoDataSource" within the InitializeComponent method). Customers using their own set of templates should adopt the same fix to their templates.
Issue SCL-1167 documents a regression issues introduced with OpenEdge 11.6 causing a potential issue with InvokeMethod or InvokeTask style calls. See Issue with DYNAMIC-INVOKE function in OpenEdge 11.6 causes potential issue with InvokeMethod or InvokeTask style calls for details.
Update: With Release 11.3 #36358@2016-01-18 we have been able to introduce a workaround to the broken DYNAMIC-INVOKE function based on ABL reflection.
New Feature Documentation
- [SCL-1192] - Access to DATASET in DatasetModel_Generated should be PROTECTED
- [SCL-1193] - LogManager:AddCustomLogEntries (character) should avoid duplicate entries
- [SCL-1194] - ServiceAdapter and IServiceAdapter:InvokeTask without ContextDataset parameter
- [SCL-1195] - Add method to XmlHelper that returns an X-Noderef to a Child node by name
- [SCL-1196] - Add a constant that contains all characters that are illegal in Windows file names
- [SCL-1198] - Add Support in SmartLookup for DateTime linked Grid Columns (Lookup embedded into Grid)