|OpenEdge Release||Version Information|
|11.x||Release 11.3 #38572@2016-09-09|
Note.: From this release on, we are reducing the frequency of the OpenEdge 10.2B based releases.
Following the release of the OpenEdge 11.6.1 Service Pack we have completed our testing of the SmartComponent Library on this release of Progress and are proud to announce formal support for the SmartComponent Library on OpenEdge 11.6.1 with the 2016-04-01 release of the SmartComponent Library. Generally we recommend customers on OpenEdge 11 to upgrade to OpenEdge 11.6.1 quickly.
Starting the 2015-10-09 release the Business Entity Designer will feature a start page with links to most recent release note articles on this site.
With SCL-751 we have adopted native Enums for OpenEdge 11.6. To activate this feature customers must add a definition to products.i. SCL-751 provides details for this.
With SCL-1113 we have modified the templates for SmartWindowForms and SmartTabFolderPages generated from the Business Entity Designer. We have removed the initialization of the viewer controls SmartTableIOState property (value was set to "NoDataSource" within the InitializeComponent method). Customers using their own set of templates should adopt the same fix to their templates.
Survey about your demand for supported OpenEdge releases
Supporting many OpenEdge releases requires additional time from our end. Time that we'd rather spend on implementing new features. We are considering dropping support for OpenEdge 10.2B and OpenEdge 11.3 throughout the year and but will consider our customer version requirements with that decision. So please participate this short survey:
New Versions of Proparse .NET Assemblies
We have updated proparse with further enhancements in this release (support for ACTIVE-FORM and DBTYPE preprocessors. Please download the .NET Assemblies ZIP file from our ESD and replace the proparse.net.dll in your environment with the latest one. The new assembly reference is:
<assembly name="proparse.net, Version=220.127.116.112, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cda1b098b1034b24"/>
As proparse is used by our Business Entity Generator, this new version of the proparse.net Assembly is also relevant for customers not doing GUI for .NET development and require support for parsing new ABL language constructs.
UTF-8 based deploymens available
Starting August 14th 2016 we ship our source code also as UTF-8 encoded. The ZIP files ending with _utf8.zip contain the source code encoded with that code page. The source code in the remaining archives is still encoded in ISO8859-1. Also on Github there is a new branch containing the OpenEdge 11 based source code in UTF-8.
Related article (Progress K-Base): How to get Progress Developer Studio to save in UTF-8 encoding
New Feature Documentation
- [SCL-1436] - ResourceFileHelper compile issues on Linux
- [SCL-1438] - Data Adapter should not execute "end update" event when received from a child data adapter and it's in update mode itself.
- [SCL-1343] - Support required in Generic Service for Invoke Tasks
- [SCL-1431] - Create Array assertion methods that validate for valid entries (not ?, valid-handle, valid-object)
- [SCL-1434] - Add ErrorHelper:IgnoreError - to ignore certain Progress.Lang.SysErrors and throw all others
- [SCL-1440] - Need a way to customize the Grid definition returned to the Angular JS grid.js component
- [SCL-1441] - Add option to load custom services.xml files from the AppServer Startup procedure using the parameter
- [SCL-1422] - Implement verification for non-comments changes for DatasetModel classes
- [SCL-1433] - More info in Consultingwerk.SmartComponents.Implementation.DynamicBrowserRenderer invalid column
- [SCL-1437] - SmartBusinessEntityLookup: Lookup Browser should expand the last column to fill the lookup dialog
- [SCL-1439] - Formatting of date columns in Kendo UI Grid (Angular JS Client)